Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ready for the Plan

Tomorrow is a big day.

I anxiously await and dread tomorrow, simultaneously. We have done all the work to prepare for tomorrow. MRI, PET scan, port placement -- check, check, and check. I have my list of questions prepared. I already feel sorry for Dr. Ansari because I know this list of questions is exhaustive, but I don't care. This is MY Johnny we are talking about. Do we need nutritional supplements? What about direct chemo infusion into the hepatic artery? What is our schedule for re-scanning? Is the chemo toxic to other organs? How do we protect them if it is? That is just the tip of the iceberg. I think I have 27 questions.

Johnny doesn't want to hear statistics and possible outcome percentages. He says that they don't apply to him because the numbers are not based on a 43-year-old, otherwise healthy man. True enough. But what I have to know: Are we looking at treatment as a cure or as a way to buy time?

Since I have absolutely no idea what tomorrow holds, please forgive us if we don't answer phones, texts, or emails for the day. I'll post if I can, but given the circumstances of tomorrow I just ask for patience and privacy. I know --- Pam Brawley asking for privacy! She has driven a car naked, but now wants privacy? Just this once.

Everyone's job for tomorrow is to pray like the dickens at 2:30. OK?

Mark 11: 24

2 comments:

  1. Pam,
    First, you drove a car naked? we need to spend more time together!
    Second, Ansari is the best in South Bend and I am sure he will answer you if you have 2700 questions. Besides the fact that it is his job, he is a caring doc! I have had many friends and family float through his office. His NP Toni is also great!
    Please let me know if there is anything you need. I have thought of coming over with food/wine etc but I dont know where you live!
    I will be thinking of you both and sending healing energy your way!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for no whammy's tomorrow. No matter what you find out Johnny is Johnny and I choose to believe he will beat cancer's butt. It may be a hard fight but he will survive. Just know we are all here to help when it is needed and give you your privacy as needed. No need to apologize. Praying for you all and we will be thinking about you tomorrow.

    April

    ReplyDelete