Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleepy

If I had to choose one single adjective to describe Johnny today, it would be sleepy. (And since this is a family show, I'll stop right there.)

The poopies and pukies have subsided, but the overwhelming tiredness remains. So he sleeps. He has actually been asleep so much since Tuesday, that he thought today was Thursday. We aren't really sure which day he missed out on, but either Wednesday or Thursday didn't even exist for him. No matter, it is Friday and he is visibly better.

MIL and FIL came over today and stayed with Johnny the whole time I was at work. Seriously, I could hire these two dynamos out. They completely weeded the back yard, sorted all of our returnable/non-returnable cans, cleaned out all the coolers in our garage (we are Brawley's -- do you know how many coolers we have?), cleaned up the garage, and completely finished every stitch of dirty laundry in the house. What did I tell you? They are AWESOME! Oh, and today is their anniversary. Happy Anniversary, John and Ginger. I'm glad you two fell in love.

My sister, Carla, made dinner for us tonight (Good job, Boomer!) and Johnny was up long enough to eat, sat and talked for several minutes and then headed back to bed. So far no sewer shouting, so things are looking up.

Sonya, I love you. Thanks for the Blessings jar. Seems tonight I've needed a bunch of hugs and kisses! (Sonya and I have been friends since we were 4 years old. She taught me how to ride a bike. We also dressed up in a prom dresses together in junior high and walked around the block, just so we could pretend like we were going to the prom. Yeah, she's that kind of friend!) The first blessing I pulled out was:



When you are the neediest, He is the most sufficient.
When you are completely helpless, He is the most helpful.
When you feel totally dependent, He is absolutely dependable.
When you are the weakest, He is the most able.
When you are the most alone, He is intimately present.
When you feel you are the least, He is the greatest.
When you feel the most useless, He is preparing you.
When it is the darkest, He is the only Light you need.
When you feel the least secure, He is your Rock and Fortress.
When you are the most humble, He is most gracious.
When you can't, He can.

Thank you to the Bakerson's for tomorrow night's dinner. Michelle, thanks so much for making us lasagna! We love it! And Michael, thanks for delivering dinner and for helping out with the soccer situation. It really means a lot to all of us, especially Jake. You guys are great friends, and we appreciate everything you have done. Love the plaque -- Love conquers all. Yes it does. Can I pay you back by giving you a pet raccoon? :)

This weekend is the Relay for Life at Niles High School. I'm not sure if we will make it, physically or emotionally. It takes on a whole new meaning when you are knee-deep in it, and I think it may be too fresh for us this year. Whatever Johnny wants to do, we will do. Not sure. What a worthwhile fundraiser this is, though, so I hope as many people as possible can walk or contribute. Cancer affects just about everyone at some point in their life, whether it is a family member, friend, co-worker, whatever. It is nearly impossible to remain unscathed by this evil beast. When I say my prayers every night/day/minute I not only pray for Johnny, but an end to cancer forever. I know there is a cure out there, we just have to nail it down. Please consider contributing.

Thanks for all the continued support through prayer. Prayers are going up around the planet tonight because of our friends: Switzerland, Italy, France, Egypt, Romania, India, Germany, and England have all reported in on the Toad Prayer Line. We need them here at home, too, so no fair stopping yet. We are putting our faith in these prayers and know that they are being heard. Just remember Mark 11:24. We believe.

Love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Well, sleepy is definitely better than pukie.

    I think I know how you feel about Relay. I will tell you that last year, my first since my dx, was so emotional for me and I was a year out. Seeing my name listed was not the issue...it was some song they played that put me over the edge. I am glad I went but it was draining. (it does convince you that you are not alone, even though you really feel like you are)

    Josh suggested that we have our own Relay team and although it is too late for this year, I think we should do it for next year. We have to keep fighting and a brigade of Brawleys is a good way. But for this year, let Johnny be your guide. We have Andrew's games tomorrow but later, if Johnny wants to go up, I would be honored to walk a lap with him. His attitude has been fantastic, although I bet it sucks a bit now. : ) Damn chemo/thank god for chemo.

    Ah, I am rambling. Prayers continue about hourly here, and each night,I have a nice chat with Him about cancer and what we need to happen. I often think that Relay shows us He is listening.

    Molly

    P.S. MIL and FIL are AWESOME. Another "blessing" wouldn't you say?

    ReplyDelete