Monday, August 10, 2009

Prayer and More Prayer

Its Monday and both of us managed to make it to work today, so I guess that means it is a good day. In a "back to work" kind of way. Johnny managed to make it for about 5 1/2 hours. Pretty good, I'd say. I worry about him, though, even when I know he is feeling OK. I keep thinking about all the bugs and viruses floating about and I want them to just stay away from him. I don't think he would go for wearing a mask to work. I was also thinking about calling John Travolta and seeing if he still has that plastic bubble laying around. I would feel better about him going out into the world then. A little over the top? Perhaps.

Johnny's Uncle Bill and Aunt Robyn and cousin Lizzie were all here today before they head back up to Boyne and then to Japan and Greece later this summer/fall. If you don't know Johnny's uncle, he has been with the Young Americans since he was a teenager.
Go here for more information. . . they are AMAZING! http://www.youngamericans.org/

Anyhoo -- Bill told us a story tonight about calling Ginger to tell her a story. Seems he got the wrong Ginger. Instead of calling Crazy MIL, he got an old friend that is an assistant now for a Broadway producer (he is someone famous, but I can't remember his name) in New York. After an awkward start to their conversation, Bill realized that it wasn't the Ginger he was trying to call, but at least he did know her. Where it gets really weird is she said that she has had random calls from people saying that they are praying for Johnny. So she told Bill she didn't know why his nephew needed prayer, but evidently a bunch of people on Broadway are praying for him. Bill filled her in (even though she wasn't the right Ginger) and they are continuing to pray. How cool is that! I envision people in all manner of costume praying away for Johnny. Makes me smile.

They have a worldwide presence (The Young Americans) and Robyn assured me that there are prayers going up globally for Johnny. I love that. I wish we could track that like on NORAD radar or something. That would be so cool to see.

Thank you to the Dodge Family. The Alaskan halibut was GREAT! The boys both ate HUGE pieces, and have all but finished off the cookies. . . Jake said they won't even make it till tomorrow! We are anxious for dinner tomorrow. It seems that we are having mystery guest(s) bringing mystery dinner. Intriguing!

We have a couple prayer requests tonight. My brother-in-law, Alan, is with his dad, Fred Cramer, right now as they pray for a peaceful passing. My sister, Angie, and my nephew, Grant, and niece, Bryanna are with them as well. Please pray for the entire Cramer family. Papa will be missed greatly. Hospice has been with them most of the day, and his passing seems imminent. I pray for peace for all of them.

Also, a dear dear friend of the Brawley family, Dave Schultz, had bypass surgery today. The news we received is that he is doing very well after surgery. Please pray for quick healing for Dave and strength and comfort for the entire Schultz family. Dave, Joyce, Julie, and David (and your families) -- we are here and praying for you all. Julie, it was nice to have Mitch with the Brawley family tonight at our cookout/swimming party! Stay strong!

Goodness, I'm pretty bossy with the whole prayer request thing, aren't I? I guess because I know the power of a good prayer and would like to pass along the benefit of our fantastic network to all who need you.

Thank you. Really, thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Don't EVER be sorry that you are asking for so many prayers.......

    we all needed something to do while waiting the alloted time and or making our way to a different computer to do some constructive clicking anyway....

    love you much despite the fact that I can't get the visual of someone in full costume from CATS on their knees in prayer for your Toad....kinda makes me smile.

    Also, we would loan you our bubble but Dr. Holly re-po'd it when she booted us back into the world of the non-immune suppressed. Just tell Johnny to be extra careful and wash his hands a lot and only use HIS phone and carry some hand sanitizer and DON'T touch his eyes, mouth or nose unless he washed his hands first....whew! Seems like the bubble may be the easiest answer after all.

    love you all much-
    praying for everyone on the request list while patiently waiting to click....
    george ann, derek, chad and ryne nolan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm freaking out and near hyperventilating. I see no ads...except one to create a blog. Please tell me this is just maintenance or something minor/temporarily going on with my computer!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    Thank you for the prayer request! We love all of you like family. My heart aches every time I think of how your world has changed this summer. Life is filled with bumps (or in some cases, major construction)and it is nice to have one another as we each travel our rough roads. Thanks for thinking of us during your difficult times. Hugs and kisses to everyone.
    Love,
    Juli

    ReplyDelete