Saturday, August 15, 2009

Let's Talk Golf!

It is Saturday and this is where I start to dread Monday. I'm trying to change my attitude about it, thinking of Chemo instead as the life-saving measure that it is. Instead I usually end up thinking of it as not having Johnny around for 4 or 5 days. Even though there is NO PAIN (I stress this for friends that still think Johnny is writhing in pain for days on end), I repeat -- NO PAIN . . . he is just soooooo doggone exhausted that he basically can only sleep.

We are organizing ourselves for Monday. I have a to-do list so that we don't forget the valuable lessons that we have learned from the first two rounds. Shave chest, start constipation meds, yada yada yada . . .

Congratulations to Jimmy! He saw Dr. O'dea for his colonoscopy on Friday and got the "ALL CLEAR"! Woooo Hoooo! We are so extremely relieved. This has weighed heavily on Johnny's mind/heart since his diagnosis and won't be completely settled until Danny and Pooh have theirs done.


Let's Talk Golf!

We had a meeting on Thursday evening for the Golf Outing, and I have to tell you . . . it is going to be FREAKING AMAZING!!! Are you at all interested in winning say . . . . A NEW CAR? Or what about a CHARTERED FISHING TRIP? The quantity and caliber of prizes is OVERWHELMING!!! The details of the whole day are well under way, but a simple little hole-in-one can win you A NEW CAR!!! I know . . . I'm just a little verklempt myself.

What I really need you to do is simple. Please send in your registration forms as early as you can (you know, like today would be good). We have already had a great response, but obviously the more the merrier. I really want the organizers of this great day to have it as easy as possible, and it would be so much easier for them if they could get the registrations forms taken care of sooner rather than later.

Many people have asked if they can donate prizes for the raffle, and of course, the answer is YES! Please contact either me or Dave Schiele (cell 269-240-2039) or Larry Larson (whose number is listed on the blog sidebar). There are also opportunities to sponsor a hole, sponsor a team, or to simply volunteer. There is room for everyone, I promise. So, print off a form from right here on the blog, fill it out and send it in. October 10th will be here sooner than you think! I am so excited for this -- Can you tell?

A million thanks to Larry Larson, Dave Schiele, and Jeff Altergott and the others on the committee that I have yet to meet. You guys are great friends and amazing people.


Other Stuff:
Grant and Bryanna left today for college. After a very emotional week with losing Papa, they had to pack up and head to school. Bryanna had the added bonus of a sinus infection. It made leaving for her pretty hard. Even though we all know that college is the BEST TIME she is still struggling to believe that.

We all went over this morning to say good-bye, and I promised myself I was going to be happy and positive and it worked -- for about 2.2 minutes.

Angie and I have basically shared the responsibilities for our kids. I has always been nice. If I was gone, Angie was in charge and vice versa. I hope she doesn't think that she is off the hook now that her nest is empty.

Grant and Bryanna have always been a permanent feature around here. Grant would always come over to see what the boys were doing and to provide entertainment. Bryanna would pop over to fill me in on the latest gossip and to see if I had anything chocolate.

One of my favorite Bryanna stories is from when she was about 5 years old. Usually on Sunday mornings Johnny would always make big breakfasts. Bryanna would come over to see what was on the menu. Most times she would fill her belly and by the time she was finished Angie would be popping in the deck door to find her.

"She is just having a little breakfast." I would say.

"She already ate breakfast an hour ago," Angie would say.

Bryanna (or Yaya as Quinn named her when he was learning to talk) dimples showing and hair falling in her face, would just smile.

I will miss you, Yaya. Be happy. This is the time you've been waiting for -- your time. (And no, I'm not crying . . . well, ok, just a little)

Grant Alan Cramer, you take care of your little sister. Have fun and be careful. I already miss you, too. Oh, what a night. . .

1 comment:

  1. A great big thank you to everyone that reads Johnny & Pam's blog! Your thoughts and prayers for our family during one of the most difficult weeks we have faced was and still is greatly appreciated. Dad/Papa will be greatly missed. It was especially hard on the kids, as they had to leave for CMU on Saturday. Leaving Mount Pleasant was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Especially knowing that both kids were still freshly mourning the loss of their Papa. I think I only cried for 2/3 of the way home and sniffled the other 1/3. Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you again!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete