Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wanted: A Plan

After leaving several very sternly worded messages yesterday on four different voice mail boxes, I finally talked to a human being today. A couple human beings, as a matter of fact.

I called Dr. Ansari's office today and told them our plight. I also added that I was not interested in leaving another message on another voicemail, so could she PLEASE NOT TRANSFER ME TO ANOTHER VOICEMAIL AND JUST GET A PERSON ON THE PHONE THAT CAN DIRECTLY ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THANK YOU VERY MUCH. And she did.

My question was simple: Have Dr. House and Dr. Ansari had an opportunity to discuss the surgical options presented to us last Tuesday?

The answer, also simple: No.

My response: Unacceptable.

Then I called Dr. House's office in Indianapolis where I spoke with a very delightful young lady named Jessica. She was very sweet and answered every single question. When I told her we had been waiting six days (!!! SIX DAYS !!!) for information, she asked if she could put me on hold and she would get some answers for us right then.

It seemed that Dr. House and Dr. Ansari were playing phone tag on Wednesday and Thursday, and then Dr. Ansari left town on Friday. She assured me that they would be making contact today. She said that she was told by Dr. House to TENTATIVELY schedule Johnny for surgery on February 15th, but didn't have a description of the surgery, she was just "holding a spot" on the schedule. She also added that it was very out of character for Dr. House to not follow through with phone calls. Hmm. I don't know about that, but I hope it is the truth and this is just a fluky situation. I will not be happy if this is the set pattern for all of our interactions with him. From our initial meeting with him, he seemed like a decent, upstanding kinda guy -- not the kind that would say he was going to call and then just not do it.

This afternoon, Dr. Ansari's office called and asked that we come in tomorrow to speak directly with him. He had not yet spoken to Dr. House (at 1 p.m.) but would before our meeting tomorrow and we would come up with a plan at that time.

So, I guess the bottom line is we still don't know what we are doing for sure, but it looks like at least there is a tentative date set. Hopefully, tomorrow more questions will be answered than asked and we will leave Dr. Ansari's office with a plan.

That is exactly what we need . . . A plan.

1 comment:

  1. At least, you have hope of getting some answers tomorrow! I'm sure it was a looooong weekend for you and your family. Johnny is still on the prayer list at the church in Bruce Crossing!

    ReplyDelete