Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Date is Set!

Johnny's surgery is set for Monday, February 8th.

{{{ Collective Exhale }}}

We will arrive at the hospital at 5:30 am on that day and surgery is schedule for 7:30 am. I am relieved that it is the first surgery of the day. Being in the medical field, I know if you aren't first there is NO guarantee of what time your procedure will actually be performed. I also made sure that Dr. House IS NOT on call the night before. He should be well rested and fresh after the weekend and ready to perform his best work on my Johnny.

Dr. O'dea's office will be calling to schedule the sigmoid tattoo.

I have decided that until Johnny goes in for the tattoo, I am going to hold a contest!

What do you think should be tattooed inside Johnny's colon?

The winner will receive a Fighting Toad t-shirt!!! That's right, this isn't any fly-by-night operation. If I'm putting on a contest, I'm going to give out a prize!!

You can submit your entries by comments here on the blog, by message on Facebook, or by email (toad4mimi@aol.com). Enter as many times as you like!

Johnny will have final say on who wins, and of course, I will post it here on the blog.

Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I have been out of touch for a mere 72 hours and LOOK at all of the progress you've made! It sounds like a great plan and sounds like an acceptable timeframe and the logistics seem more pallitable for sure!

    I gotta be thinkin' about a tattoo now...poor Johhny, I hope that the "tattoo artist" isn't some very burly huge man with a black beard tied into a ponytail kinda thing like the tattoo guys on TV!! EEEEK!

    Also, our sincere sympathies in the loss of your family gecko and I'll add Jakie's migraines to my prayers too.... I hate migraines and have had my fair share. On my own I have figured out that Excedrin migraine (1) the minute I start to get that "aura" or ache in my jaw/temple area seems to keep them at bay. Take two like the label says and you're shaking from a caffeine overdose.

    Okay, praying like a crazy woman and like a crazy family!!!
    love you all sooooo much!
    georgeann, derek, chad and ryne nolan

    ReplyDelete