Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All Set

It seems that all our ducks are in a row.

We have the colon tattoo scheduled for Thursday. Many, many suggestions have been entered in the Toad's Booty Tattoo Contest! Keep them coming . . . entries will be accepted until 7:30 am Thursday morning!

Our hotel reservations are made for the week in Indy. We will be staying at the University Place Hotel and Conference Center. It is directly across the street from the hospital and there is a covered walkway to and from the hotel. It wasn't our cheapest option, but it is the closest. I don't want to be more than a couple minutes away in case Johnny needs me for anything. The other (cheaper) option got terrible reviews (Thanks for your input, April!!!) and sounds scary and noisy. I figured that Ginger and I will eventually take shifts with Johnny, and I want both of us to feel comfortable coming and going no matter what time it is. When we have the opportunity to get good rest, the hotel needs to be close, safe, and comfortable.

Johnny's surgery is scheduled. I have have a very complete list of things I must take with us including a reclining lawn chair. (I've had a warning about the hard, straight-back chairs in the patient rooms -- thanks again, April!!!) I have a plethera of electronic devices to keep me entertained. I am such a HUGE fan of technology! My laptop, iPod, cell phone, Nintendo DS, and my brand new KINDLE should do the trick in passing the time. I am still taking suggestions on must haves for the hospital stay for all three of us (Johnny, Ginger, and me). Also, I really need some great reading suggestions to load onto my Kindle. So if you have read something awesome, please share!

My sisters and parents along with a great assortment of other family members and friends are helping us with the kids while we are gone. We have had many offers of helping during the time we are gone, and we greatly appreciate it. Some of you have asked if you can help with meals again. The answer is Yes, please. I would really appreciate the help for Carla and Robert and my mom and dad while they stay here with the boys in our absence. Just give us a call if you want to pick a day of the week to help out. We expect to be gone for a week. Thanks, friends. We have known since Day One that we could (and have!) count on you. Thanks for being part of our lives.

The last thing to do is pack and head to Indy. I just wish we were packing for a tropical vacation instead of a surgery for Johnny. I know that getting this taken care of means LOTS of tropical vacations in our future, so it will be worth it when we are all done. He is soooooo taking me on a tropical vacation when this is all done.

Stay tuned for the winning tattoo to be posted after Johnny's booty tattooing on Thursday. Remember the winner will receive a fantastic Fighting Toad t-shirt! Get your entries in! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Tattoo entry Alert!!
    I haven;t checked any other entries so I hope I'm original enough...
    how about a pair of lips so cancer can kiss his a$$.
    I love you guys and will be praying! We lived at University Place for 6 months, it's been re-done since our stint but I took fabric softener sheets and stuck them in the vents to make our room smell more like non-hotel/hospital than it did. I learned to watch Dog the Bountyhunter at 3 am there and the staff was more than fabulous to us. You will be steps from Johnny and that is totally worth every extra penny it costs to stay there.
    okay...I'll check with the peeps and see what we can do while you're gone. love and luck to you all and break a leg (or an ass as the case may be) :~)
    George ann, Derek, Chad and Ryne Nolan

    ReplyDelete