Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday again

For not knowing what to expect from the increased dose of 5-FU, I think Johnny has managed quite nicely, thank you very much.

He was pretty nauseated last night and was quite restless until about 2 a.m. I think all the bedtime meds finally kicked in and he then got some peaceful sleep. The 5-FU pump grinding away all night drove me nuts . . . I swear they gave us the loudest one they have!

The remainder of the day Johnny has spent in bed, smelling like a baby and sleeping away. I definitely think he is sleepier this time than before. Fortunately, he hasn't needed extra medicine for nausea so that is a plus.

Basically today in a nutshell goes something like this: wake up, take the boys to school, come home, smell Johnny, do some laundry, give Johnny drugs, more laundry, clean, smell Johnny . . . blah, blah, blah. It is really boring when Johnny is sleeping, but I'll take boring knowing that he is doing OK.

OK, so I know this has been the most boring post ever but I am happy that there isn't much to report. I will be going to bed very early tonight and am considering ear plugs so I don't hear the pump.

Please say your prayers tonight and include us. We believe in MIRACLES of all shapes and sizes and we know that prayers can make that happen.

Happy Birthday, Angel Ava. We know you are the sweetest of all of the littlest angels in heaven. I know you are well loved in heaven and on earth you are always in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment