Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just Another Normal Day

We have come to the end of another chemo week and it feels good. This was kind of a tough week for Johnny. On Wednesday he had to go in for the additional blood test and that really whooped him. He came home from that and pretty much slept the rest of the day. When he woke up on Thursday, he did feel much better, but still looked tired to me.

He pushed himself to get up and go on Friday and managed to work for a couple hours, attend football practice and then go to the high school football game that night. I know, I know, he should rest more. . . but the doctor told him to do what he can AND to actually push himself. So, even though I keep saying "rest" he keeps saying, "I don't have to." Fine.

Today was just pretty much one of those "normal" days. It started early with soccer pictures and a soccer game in Edwardsburg for Jake (which they won and Jake had a goal!!) then we split into two teams: one to go set up tree stands and hunting spots and the other to go shopping for jeans and shoes for Jake. No, I didn't go set up the tree stands -- Johnny always picks that one. Incidentally, Jake and I went to Kohl's where we found 5 pair of jeans for him in about 20 minutes. That has to be a new land speed record for blue jeans shopping. Then we headed to Dick's Sporting Goods where we sought out the latest and greatest in Under Armor shoes. Incidentally, why do shoes have to cost so much more just because he now wears adult size? That just makes me angry. BUT! I discovered today that a boy's size 6 1/2 is exactly my size so I got the latest and greatest in Under Armor shoes for boys, too. And ha ha, my shoes were $20 less than Jake's!

Johnny and Quinn worked hard out at Cal Jordan's farm to set up some additional spots for hunting. Johnny's life-long friend (and Cal's son) Jimmy and his son Tyler are coming up for the youth hunting season next weekend and Quinn is serious about getting Tyler a great spot for his first big hunt. They have set out field cameras and scoped out the area very well so that Tyler can be successful for this hunt. I think Quinn and Johnny are just as excited for Tyler to get one as he and Jimmy are. We are really looking forward to seeing them this weekend!

Of course, the activities of the day have worn out the toad (and the Mrs.!) and he is already off to bed for the evening. I am heading there soon myself.

Hope everyone enjoyed this gorgeous day as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. Pam--Lonnie wants you to call her on her cell phone soon. She is leaving for AZ tomorrow from KY. I think Johnny has the number. She called this morning to check in and said she still hasn't talked to you...so she wanted me to tell you to call her!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete