Sunday, February 7, 2010

12 hours and counting . . .

The alarm is set for 4:30, and we will be in registration by 5:30 tomorrow morning. I think we are ready. Well . . . ready for it to be over with!

We are in the hotel (University Place Hotel) directly across from the hospital. There is a walkway from the hotel directly in to the hospital which is open 24 hours. We like that. When we got here I told the gentleman at the front desk that we were here for "medical purposes" and would really appreciate being in a quiet room. We are on the 8th floor, and I don't think there is anyone else on this floor at all. Totally quiet!

The rooms and very spacious and have plenty of niceties. I feel bad that we are watching the Super Bowl and Johnny can't eat anything. Takes the fun out of the festivities altogether! We have a truckload of snacks in the room, too, which is kinda cruel. We were well supplied with snacks for our stay to be sure. Sonya, Barb, and Angie -- thanks for all the goodies! We will enjoy them when Johnny isn't here!

Mom and Dad, Ginger, and me and Johnny are all watching the game (OK, well, I am listening and perk up when the commercials come on) and will probably not get a whole lot of sleep tonight. We'll have the rest of the week to catch up.

I will update tomorrow as soon as we hear something after surgery. I do have a small request, if you will indulge me yet again. Will you please set your alarm (clock, cell phone, iPhone, pager, whatever) for 7:30 tomorrow morning. I would love it if we could all pray together and just inundate God with our prayers. I think he already knows how special Johnny is to all of us, but lets just give him a little reminder. I will be praying, and I hope you will join me, Ginger, and my mom and dad.

So, until tomorrow after surgery the only thing I can ask for is prayer and more prayer! That's all we need at this point.

We expect the surgery to take up to 4 hours, so I hope to post by noon or 1 o'clock. Believe me, I will do it as soon as I possibly can.

Love to everyone.

3 comments:

  1. We are all going to be a little restless tonight. We will be up and praying with you at 730. BIG HUGS from us here on the homefront.

    LOVE YOU
    Carla,Robert, Griffin, Quinn, and Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pammie and Toad and Uncle Jim and Aunt Gerry and Ginger -
    Glad you took a minute to post, we'll for sure be praying at 7:30, if you don't mind, I think I'll get a little head start - kinda like a pre-game warm up- around 5:30 am and then begin again with the masses at 7:30!
    Johnny- you are strong, we all know it, you are in very capable hands in Indy. We are all praying for you and for God to bless Dr. House with the most brilliant work of his career while you are in his care.
    God's blessings on you all as you take this next step.

    We love you all-
    Georgeann, Derek, Chad and Ryne Nolan
    P.S. Ryne says "stupid cancer!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Johnnie that Unca Link is right there thinking about him.....

    ReplyDelete