Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Brush with Greatness

OK, Seriously . . . did you see the Vikings/Packers game? Holy Wah! Jared Allen and Brett Favre were ON FIRE!

Do you remember when Muhammad and Lonnie Ali gifted us with tickets to see Elton John and Billy Joel at Wrigley Field? If not, go here.
Well, there was this Man Mountain in front of us with his friends, just singing and dancing along with Elton and Billy and completely enjoying himself. The friends were having fun, too. Anyway, Johnny, Molly, Jim and I were talking about this guy on the way home saying, "OK, who was that guy? We knew he had to be a professional athlete, but unfortunately we couldn't think of who is was immediately.
About a day later, Jimmy calls and tells me to look up "Jared Allen" on Google. Oh, my gosh! That was the Man Mountain that was in front of us at the concert!!! No wonder he looked familiar. Molly took the picture above at the concert, because we just knew we knew him.
I just wish that we would have had him sign our ticket stubs, or my boobs, or something tangible while he was right there in front of us! Dang, that was a missed opportunity . . .
I just thought I would deviate from the world of cancer for a few minutes and tell you of this brush with greatness. :O)
And, Jared, if you are reading this: You are invited to hunt and/or fish with us at our cabin in the Upper Penninsula anytime you want. Oh, and keep the mullet . . . it's hot.

4 comments:

  1. C'mon, Pam. When I saw your headline "A Brush with Greatness", posted last night, I was sure that it was going to be about our 7th grade football team's 20-0 pounding of the previously feared and dreaded Discovery (Penn) Middle School! the was our kids played last night - now that was greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the picture, I thought Pooh grew a foot since the last time I saw him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim Jordan! That is EXACTLY what I said when I saw him: It's Pooh on Steroids.

    Too funny.

    But he is really, really cute and very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Spunk-your boobs are the perfect canvas! And hey- Jim Craig-I went to Penn High! I miss you buddy!! Love-Spunk

    ReplyDelete