Sunday, October 18, 2009

I really like Normal

This whole week was spent riding the wave of the good news we received from Johnny's scans. It is much easier to think about 5 more cycles ahead of us when we know the shiz is working!

I don't have to tell you that the fish fry was this past Friday, because practically every person I know was there! We set records for dinners served at a Brawley fish fry! According to MIL Ginger, 350 people is a good turn out for one of their frys. We had a whopping 860 dinners served! And yes, we ran out of fish. The fish held out until about 7:30, but not too many people had to be turned away.

I don't have the complete list of names for all of the raffle prize winners, but I will work on getting that so that I can post them here.

After the fish fry Johnny and I went to the Riverfront Cafe and met up with a very eclectic group of friends from high school. I think there were about 14 of us in all, and it was so much fun to catch up with these guys. We finally got home at about 11:30 after a VERY long day.

Saturday night was spent spooking a bunch of teenagers at a hayride/Halloween party at the Montgomery's. (Thanks for having us, Jeff and Kellie!!!) Johnny had a rough time with the cold again, and we only lasted about 2 1/2 hours. His face and hands get really numb, even if it isn't all that cold. Just part of the neurologic effects of the chemo.

So, we got home Saturday night at about 11:00. I couldn't even wait for up for Quinn to get home (thanks, Rudlaffs!) before I fell asleep. Can you even believe that I slept for 12 straight hours?!!? Crazy! I haven't done that in a very long time. You would think that I accomplished great things with all that sleep, but nope. Hardly did a thing all day!

Johnny and Quinn are out hunting. Quinn has a monster buck coming in to his stand every night at about 7:25, so he is still out in the woods. Johnny is attempting to hunt (he doesn't know if the cold will make him crazy or not) and is in Dowagiac at his least property.

Like most hunting nights, Jake and I are holding down the fort waiting for the great hunters to return. I have a pot of potato soup on the stove to warm them up when they come in. Hopefully, they will both have their bucks and we will start to fill the freezer.

Pretty darn normal around here tonight. Oh man, do I like normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment