Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Out of Bed

Finally!

I couldn't stand it any longer. Yesterday I hooked Johnny up via his port to a liter of fluids. He was terribly dehydrated and I gave him the ultimatum: I hook him up or we go to the hospital and they hook him up. I won.

It was definitely a Catch-22. His body needed the fluids so badly, but it ended up causing a raging case of firerhea. He was up most of the night, while we tried to catch that runaway train with Immodium. We caught up at about 6 in the morning. At some point in the night, my headache that started at work geared up into a full-fledged migraine. Great.

I slept in for a while after Johnny was finally settled and my head eventually felt better. Geez, you'd think there was a little bit of stress in my life or something. . .

Late in the day, Johnny started feeling a bit better and tried eating and drinking a little something. We will call it partial success. He did feel good enough to sit in the car in the outfield to watch Quinn's scrimmage baseball game. It was nice to see our baseball friends. . . and to be outdoors.

So, at least my Toad finally got out of bed and out of the house for a little while today. Just that little bit exhausted him and he has settled back in for the night.

I'm settled in, too. Right next to him. My favorite place to be.

2 comments:

  1. I don't actually know how to make a sunroof...
    but I'm contemplating some sort of Uncle Jim and Dad roof and saw project....can we get some vitamin D on our heroic toad via a retractable sort of stadium dome kinda roof thingie????
    Ooops...do we know if any of the chemo meds make him sun sensitive yet?? Ryne had a most awesome tan line from his mask once as I recall. Perhaps while we are charging the batteries on the power tools and checking some blueprints, you could check that for us..
    I am charging the Makita batteries...just a warning!
    I love you- we all love you-
    Georgeann, Derek, Chad and Ryne Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are no "How To Make A Retractable Sort Of Stadium Kinda Dome Roof Thingie" books on that rack at Lowe's........

    off to Barnes & Noble.....

    love you all-
    Georgeann

    ReplyDelete